ProMed Staffing Resources is seeking a highly qualified interim director of respiratory care services for a full time contract position in a top level Bronx hospital!
Become part of New York’s premier medical staffing agency! ProMed Staffing Resources is a locally owned and operated business in the heart of Midtown Manhattan that specializes in finding the right career for the right person. Since 1999 we’ve used a personalized approach to placing top quality medical professionals in highly ranked facilities across the greater New York and Tri-State areas
This position is accountable for the level and quality of Professional Respiratory Care Services rendered. Plan, organize, and direct the operations of the service. Exercise administrative responsibility for the operating budget and establish Clinical and Administrative Policies and Procedures for all phases of its operation. The locations are:
- Montefiore Moses Division
- Weiler Division
- Wakefield Division
- Montefiore Westchester Square
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Make decisions regarding strategic direction of service and initiation of new programs.
- Effectively communicates the hospitals mission and critical success factors through staff meeting and discussions,
- Participate in the development of standards of practice for the Respiratory Care Service.
- This is done collaboratively with the Medical Director.
- Develop protocols with physicians to assure appropriate use of resources.
- Work collaboratively with other departments to establish or support the development of new clinical programs.
- Assure that hospital risk management and loss prevention standards are met. 5. Develop monitor and control departmental OTPS and Capital budget. 6. Annual budgetary reviews include an assessment of:
- The Patient Population
- Treatment Modalities
- Technology Used
- Staff Availability
- Mix Results of Quality Indicators
- Quality Improvement Activities Evaluation
- Purchase of Respiratory Care Equipment
- Ongoing development and expansion of Respiratory Care Clinical Education affiliation with the City University of New York. Monitors, Evaluates, and Responds to the Appropriateness, Availability, Continuity, Effectiveness, Efficacy, Efficiency, Safety, and Timelines or Services Provided. 8. Direct subordinate staff in planning and coordinating the development of patient care plan. · Evaluates and responds to the results of patient satisfaction surveys or reports. · Attends and participates in hospital management meetings as requested. · Holds regularly scheduled staff meetings to discuss departmental concerns and to relay appropriate hospital wide information to staff. · Responds to the results of regulatory agency surveys with the development and implementation of corrective action plans. · Responds to organizational priorities by participating in interdisciplinary committees or forums which focus on the development of plans for performance improvement.
- Dedicated recruiter that specializes in your field
- Competitive Rates
- Sign-on, Completion and Referral Bonuses
- Weekly Pay
- Transit Benefits
- Medical Insurance
- Vacation Pay
- Sick Pay
- Direct Deposit or Live Check
“We have a passion for healthcare and the people that deliver it!”