This month’s spotlight features our senior travel nurse recruiter, Trechell Folkes. Trechell is a versatile recruiter who understands that different nurses have different needs. She is smart, witty, straightforward and genuinely a fun person to be with. She is passionate about two things- travel nursing and Netflix!
- Can you talk about your experience as a nurse recruiter?
I have been a nurse recruiter since 2014. It is not the easiest job, but it is very fulfilling. You learn to be patient and never give up. I also enjoy helping nurses reach their career goals and helping the clients get the best possible candidates.
2. What is your mantra for life and work?
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!
3. Tell us about your most interesting hire.
My first hire is, in fact, the most memorable. I came in contact with a nurse in Texas who wanted to go to California; she had about two years of ICU experience. I placed her in Arizona for her first assignment, and then a year later I placed her in her dream job in California where she met her fiancé and got pregnant. She is now a stay at home mom in Texas, and we are good friends.
4. The best thing about working at ProMed Staffing Resources?
The teamwork mentality and how we all care about our nurses.
5. Tell us three things about you that people might not guess about you? Or What is one thing about you that might surprise people?
- I am a travel junkie
- I am a foodie
- I am a fitness junkie
6. What are three of your favorite places to travel
- If you could visit anywhere in the world you’ve never been, where would you go?
- What is your all time favorite show?
Game of Thrones
- At which store would you like to max-out your credit card?
- Choose a movie title for the story of your life.
The Pursuit of Happiness
If you’d like to talk about new travel opportunities, licensing or simply discuss about your favorite character from Game of Thrones, shoot Trechell an email at email@example.com.