Meet one of our top Nurse Recruiters, Gary Salazar, who attributes his success to the deep and meaningful connections he made with his nurses. No wonder then he has the most referred nurses working with him today! Click below to read more about Gary and what makes him best-in-class.
- Can you talk about your experience as a recruiter?
I enjoy recruiting because it helps me be of service to people. Recruiting has also helped me build an instinct for identifying the best qualities in people and sharpened my decision-making and management skills. The joy of knowing you placed a good candidate and building trust within the organization is very fulfilling.
- Tell us about your most interesting hires.
Employee referral has always been the best source of hire for me. Hard to fill roles are challenging because the available candidates in the market are limited. You may not find them on leading job boards or career sites, or otherwise. The best way to reach them is through your employees’ professional network. So, make sure to maintain a good relationship with your candidates because word of mouth is the best marketing.
3. What is your mantra for life and work?
You Can Find an Excuse, or You Can Find a Way.
4. Tell us three things about you that people might not guess about you?
- My age. No one can ever guess it right.
- I love fashion. I used to work in fashion, and I think it’s the most fun job I ever had. Recruitment comes second. Haha!
- I love Mathematics. Yes, I am a geek who loves fashion.
- The best thing about working at ProMed Staffing Resources?
The company has a fantastic culture. Our manager, since the beginning, has consistently recognized all the hard work put in, and that encouraged me to work even harder. Recognition is always a good motivation.
- If you could visit anywhere in the world, you’ve never been to, where would you go?
Anywhere in Europe.
- What is your all-time favorite show?
The Uncanny X-Men. Marvel baby here.
- At which store would you like to max out your credit card?
ASOS or Amazon.
- Choose a movie title for the story of your life.
The Founder (Biographical film about the founder of McDonald’s Corp).
If you or anyone you know is looking for a new nursing opportunity, email Gary at firstname.lastname@example.org
Browse our new nursing opportunities here: https://bit.ly/3qH9IId